Now available for pre-order.
Shipping March 2018.
- CNC machined aluminium housing shell
- Control panel
- Custom paint colour of your choice (multi-colour/graphics additional extra)
- CNC machined aluminium base plate and stainless mounting hardware
- CNC machined aluminium dual handle video grips with ODI VANS grips (various colours available)
- ‘STANDARD’ port system
- 2x M16 bulkhead blanking plugs
- Housing care kit (silicone grease, spare wingnuts, Allen keys)
The housing offers controls for:
- Record (via lever)
- ND + & –
- WB/USER/ISO switch
- USER 1, 2 & 3
- SEL/PUSH SET
- Power switch
CNC machined from 6061 billet aluminium then anodised and painted. All buttons and hardware are 316 stainless steel, providing superior corrosion resistance.
Our EVA housing is optimised for the following camera configuration:
- Panasonic AU-EVA1 Compact Cinema Camera (with side handle, top handle and monitor removed).
- SmallHD 503 UltraBright with Sony L Series Battery Bracket
- SDI Cable with 90 Degree port on monitor end (cannot protrude from monitor edge >22mm)
The camera battery, monitor batteries and SD card can all be changed without removing the camera or monitor from the baseplate.
Our EVA1 housing ships with our ‘STANDARD’ port system, which suits lenses up to 105mm diameter, which includes most Canon SLR lenses.
You can also choose to upgrade to the ‘CINE’ port system, which suits lenses up to 120mm in diameter. The upgrade to the ‘CINE’ port system may be done after purchase by simply unbolting the thread at the front of the housing. You do not need to send the housing back to us for the upgrade, it is ‘user-upgradable’. You can switch between the two port systems at any time.
Custom ports are available at request, including dome ports and zoom/focus ports.
The front element in all our ports is replaceable in less than 30 seconds by simply unscrewing the front locking ring and dropping in a replacement acrylic screen we offer for purchase. So no more spending hours buffing scratched ports!
The housing ships with two side handle grips. These are CNC machined from 6061 aluminium, and offer a very comfortable ODI Vans BMX grip.
There are several grip mounting points provided on the housing, allowing users to setup the handles to suit their individual requirement. The grips can be positioned at various locations along the housing, in high-mode or low-mode, and/or offset from each other.
The grips are removable with an Allen key for easy transporting of the housing.
Depth Rating: 20m/66ft
Weight: Approx. 2.6kg (Housing only)