- CNC machined aluminium housing shell
- Custom colour or paint scheme of your choice
- CNC machined aluminium base plate and stainless mounting hardware
- CNC machined aluminium dual handle video grips with ODI VANS grips (various colours available)
- ‘STANDARD’ port system
- Housing care kit (silicone grease, spare wingnuts, Allen keys)
- Front record button
- Custom button 1
- Custom button 2
- Sidekick control panel included.
CNC machined from 6061 billet aluminium then anodised and painted. All buttons and hardware are 316 stainless steel, providing superior corrosion resistance.
Our RED housing is optimised for the following camera configurations:
- RED DSMC2 Brain (Raven, Scarlet-W, DSMC2 – Gemini, Helium or Monstro)
- RED V-Lock Battery Module or Wooden Camera cableless v-lock module
- Selected V-Lock Batteries*
- RED DSMC2 Red Touch 4.7″ LCD
- Wooden Camera 12inch Pogo to Pogo Cable
- RED DSMC2 Sidekick (optional)
*Measured from the back of the camera, the module and battery cannot extend rearward more than 92mm, and, measured from the top of the camera, cannot extend upward more than 22mm.
Note, RED Brick batteries do not fit, as they protrude too high above the top of the camera.
All the components mount neatly onto a custom aluminium base plate, with the Pogo cable allowing the monitor to be placed behind the battery providing a slim, lightweight and streamlined housing.
Batteries can be changed without removing the camera from the baseplate. Simply slide out the baseplate from the housing, tilt the monitor forward, and swap the battery out.
Our RED DSMC2 housing ships with our ‘STANDARD’ port system, which suits lenses up to 105mm diameter, which includes most Canon SLR lenses.
We can custom build ports for almost any lens, including PL mount cinema glass.
Contact us for details on custom ports.
The front element in all our ports is user replaceable in less than 30 seconds by simply unscrewing the front locking ring and dropping in a replacement acrylic screen we offer for purchase.
So no more spending hours buffing scratched ports!
The housing ships with two side handle grips. These are CNC machined from the same aluminium the housing is built from, and offer a very comfortable ODI Vans BMX grip.
There are several grip mounting points provided on the housing, allowing users to setup the handles to suit their individual requirement. The grips can be positioned at various locations along the housing.
The grips are removable with an Allen key for easy transporting of the housing.
The housing offers a number of 1/4-20 threads along the top and bottom edges of the housing.
These can be used to mount lightweight accessories such as a GoPro.
If you wish to mount heavy accessories, such as lighting, you will require a custom cheeseplate.
Contact us for more info.
Depth Rating: 20m/66ft
Weight: Approx. 2.6kg (Housing only) / Approx. 6.5kg (fully rigged with camera, battery and lens).