- Housing shell
- 2x Side Handles
- S-System Port System
- FX6 monitor mount
*BASE price does NOT include a mandatory housing back or port option. You cannot use the housing without at least one port. The S-System is the port thread in the housing.
Our Sony FX6 housing is designed to work with:
- Sony FX6 Camera (with grip and side handle removed)
- Sony FX6 monitor (mounted to top of camera with Salty supplied bracket)
- 1x CORE SWX NANO-U98 98WH HDV BATTERY FOR SONY (or smaller)
- Atomos Ninja V (or V+) Pro Kit (only with Ninja V Housing Back)
- 1x Sony NPF770 for monitor (or D-Tap cable with NANO-U98) – (only with Ninja V Housing Back)
- 90 Degree to 90 Degree SDI Cable
The housing has most physical control of the camera, including
- ND ON +
- ND Clear –
- Front Dial with press to click
- 1/ S&Q
- White Balance
- Ninja V On/Off (Ninja V Housing Back only)
CNC machined from billet aluminium then anodised and painted.
All buttons and hardware are 316 stainless steel, providing superior corrosion resistance.
The housing comes standard with two side handles included.
Our housings are painted in a highly durable two-pack paint. The paint not only provides additional corrosion protection to your housing, but also provides an opportunity to customise the look of your housing.
You get to choose your colour(s)! And the options are almost endless.
Learn more about our paint finishes here.
Leave a note in checkout, or send us an email to let us know your color preference.
The FX6 housing comes with our ‘STANDARD’ port system, which is compatible with lenses up to 105mm diameter.
The FX6 housing does not allow fitment of larger CINE lenses due to the compact size of the housing.
SALTY DSMC2 housing owners note: all your current ports for EF lenses will work with the FX6 when coupled with a E to EF adapter.
The front element in our ports is replaceable in less than 30 seconds by simply unscrewing the locking ring and dropping in a replacement acrylic screen we offer for purchase. So no more spending hours buffing scratched ports!
Shell only = approx. 2.5kg
With dual side handles and port = approx. 3kg
20m / 66ft underwater